Covid-19: No plans for economic shutdown following rise in number of cases, says PM

BERA: The government has no plans to shutdown economic sectors despite an increase in the number of Covid-19 cases, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

“Life will go on as usual, but we need to take proactive measures to protect ourselves and our families, including getting the booster dose against Covid-19,” the Prime Minister said.

ALSO READ: Covid-19: As cases rise, PM urges Malaysians to get booster shots

Ismail Sabri said the people were also advised to take appropriate measures to avoid Covid-19 infections even though many relaxations had been given since the country entered the Transition to Endemic phase on April 1.

“…this includes not having to wear a face mask in an outdoor setting, but we can still take our own initiative to protect ourselves, especially when we are in a crowded area,” he said.

ALSO READ: Covid-19: Senior citizens, high-risk individuals encouraged to get second booster shots, says Khairy

The Bera MP said this to reporters when met after attending the Korban Perdana program and witnessing the sacrificial rites in conjunction with Aidiladha at Darul Fikri Mosque here Monday (July 11).

On the Korban Perdana programme, he said it has been a tradition for his constituency to hold the program and this year, 79 cows were distributed for the purpose. – Bernama

.

Leave a Comment