- 37-year-old Neha Narkhede is the youngest self-made woman entrepreneur in the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022.
- Narkhede is ranked 336 in the IIFL Hurun India Rich List 2022
- Her wealth is estimated at Rs 4,700 crore.
- As per the information available in the public domain, Narkhede was born in Pune and went to the Pune Institute of Computer Technology (PICT), University of Pune, for her Bachelor of Science in engineering.
- In 2007, she received a master’s degree in technology from Georgia Tech
- Narkhede, after her education, joined Oracle as a principal software engineer; and then LinkedIn as the leader of streams infrastructure.
- While working at LinkedIn in 2011, Narkhede created the Platform Apache Kafka, along with Jun Rao and Jay Kreps.
- In 2014, the trio decided to start Confluent with Narkhede as the Chief Technology Officer and later as the Chief Product Officer. She is now on the company’s board.
- The company went public in 2021 at $9.1 billion valuation, as per Forbes
- In 2017, MIT Technology Review listed her as one of the innovators under 35.
- In 2018, Narkhede was listed as one of America’s and the world’s top 50 Women in Tech by Forbes.
- In October 2020, Narkhede was ranked 33 on the list of “America’s Self Made Women” by Forbes.
Disclaimer Statement: This content is authored by an external agency. The views expressed here are those of the respective authors/entities and do not represent the views of Economic Times (ET). ET does not guarantee, vouch for or endorse any of its contents nor is responsible for them in any manner whatsoever. Please take all necessary steps to ascertain that any information and content provided is correct, updated, and verified. ET hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the report and any content therein.