Alumni Board of Directors adds nine; leadership councils add 27
The University of Georgia Alumni Association has added nine alumni to its board of directors and 27 alumni to the leadership councils for the Black Alumni, Latino Alumni, Women of UGA and Young Alumni affinity groups.
“These alumni volunteers are passionate about helping their fellow graduates sustain lifelong relationships with UGA,” said Meredith Gurley Johnson, executive director of alumni relations. “I am so excited to work with each of them and to see them represent the perspectives of our diverse alumni population across the country.”
Alumni who joined the board of directors on July 1 are:
- Rodney L. Brooks, Beginning Farmer regional coordinator, US Department of Agriculture; Leesburg, Georgia; MS ’03
- Danelle Faust, consulting managing director, Accenture; Deerfield, Illinois; BBA ’95
- Eddie Garrett, executive vice president of strategy, Current Global; Chicago, Illinois; BSA ’06, MBA ’08
- Selby Hill, founding partner and director of operations, Yonder Yoga; Atlanta, Georgia; ABJ ’14
- Chuck Kinnebrew, retired, former vice president of diversity, equity, and inclusion, Floor and Decor; Smyrna, Georgia; BSEd. ’75
- Christy Plott, partner, American Tanning and Leather LLC; Griffin, Georgia; BBA ’02
- Ameet Shetty, chief data officer, Pilot Flying J; Knoxville, Tennessee; BBA ’96
- Brian Stone, director of business development, Forest Resource Consultants Inc.; Macon, Georgia; BSFR ’99, MFR ’01
- Scott Williams, director of multimedia sales, SEC Network; Ellenwood, Georgia; AB ’86
The following alumni have joined the affinity group leadership councils to help build a community among specific alumni populations including young alumni, women, Black alumni and Latino alumni.
Black Alumni Leadership Council
- Richard Bedgood, senior instructor, CarMax; Mableton, Georgia; AB ’91
- Cherise Brown, senior manager of services sourcing, Salesforce; Lithonia, Georgia; MBA ’18
- Rod Cargill, neuroscience senior sales specialist, Johnson and Johnson; Johns Creek, Georgia; BBA ’10
- Willie R. Mazyck Jr., global head of talent development, Danaher Corporation; Powder Springs, Georgia; BEEd. ’04, M.Ed. ’06, MBA ’14
- Tinisha Parker, executive director of student services, Gwinnett Public Schools; Lawrenceville, Georgia; BEEd. ’00, Ed.S. ’07
- Candace M. Stanciel, principal and founder, The Common Good Agency; Atlanta, Georgia; AB ’02, MPA ’11
- Donjanea Fletcher Williams, evaluation coordinator, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Newnan, Georgia; ABJ ’00
- Tangela M. Williams, first vice president of Capital Adequacy Management, Truist Bank; Atlanta, Georgia; BBA ’89
Current council member Jacinta Smith began her one-year term as president of the Black Alumni Leadership Council on July 1.
Latino Alumni Leadership Council
- Wilheem Perez, vice president, compliance business control manager, Citibank; Kennesaw, Georgia; BBA ’21
- Christopher Perlera, founder and principal, Critical Point Consulting LLC; Chamblee, Georgia; AB ’07
- Jasmin Severino, associate, Chamberlain Hrdlicka; Atlanta, Georgia; AB ’13, AB ’13
- Leopoldo Vargas, regional outreach coordinator for northeast Georgia, Office of US Senator Jon Ossoff; Fayetteville, Georgia; AB ’19
The Latino Alumni Leadership Council will continue to operate under the leadership of President Juan Mencias, who was recognized with the UGA Young Alumni Award in April.
Women of UGA Leadership Council
- Odufa Aburime, IT clinical business analyst, Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities; Decatur, Georgia, BBA ’02
- Shontel Cargill, regional clinic director, Thriveworks; Johns Creek, Georgia; BS ’10
- Tunisia Finch Cornelius, owner and MD, Divine Dermatology and Aesthetics; Atlanta, Georgia; BS ’04
- Nicole R. Ingram, director of programs and special initiatives, Emory University; Ellenwood, Georgia; AB ’02
- Victoria Inman, director of client success, Jabian Consulting; Marietta, Georgia; ABJ ’08
- Anna Wrigley Miller, public service faculty, Carl Vinson Institute of Government—University of Georgia; Watkinsville, Georgia; AB ’14
- Carson A. Pennington, doctoral candidate, University of Georgia; Athens, Georgia; AB ’20, AB ’20, MA ’20
- Mandy Rodgers, founder and CEO, Mandy Kay Marketing; Atlanta, Georgia; AB ’08, ABJ ’08
Current council member Brandie Park began her one-year term as president of the Women of UGA Leadership Council on July 1.
Young Alumni Leadership Council
- Jay Butler, flight attendant, Frontier Airlines; Johns Creek, Georgia; AB ’10
- Melissa Crane, associate brand manager, Newell Brands; Atlanta, Georgia; BBA ’18, MA ’19
- Jessica Davis, Juris Doctor candidate and clinical legal fellow, UGA School of Law; Athens, Georgia; AB ’21, AB ’21
- Nash Davis, sales executive, AssuredPartners; Statesboro, Georgia; BBA ’19
- Bailey Dryden, Juris Doctor candidate, Georgia State University College of Law; Smyrna, Georgia; AB ’20
- Ammishaddai Grand-Jean, general manager, RAS Medical Solution; Jonesboro, Georgia; AB ’19, AB ’19, MPA ’20
- Cameron Keen, law clerk to Justice Charles J. Bethel, Supreme Court of Georgia; Atlanta, Georgia; AB ’18, AB ’18, JD ’21
- Christie Moore, president and CEO, Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce; Valdosta, Georgia; AB ’10, AB ’10
Current council member Maranie Brown began her one-year term as president of the Young Alumni Leadership Council on July 1.
To view the full list of UGA Alumni Association board members, visit alumni.uga.edu/board-of-directors. To view the member roster for each affinity group leadership council, visit alumni.uga.edu/networks.